These Are The Top 5 Reasons You Need MCT In Your CBD Oil
The only constant is change; the old saying goes—an idea we’ve embraced at Diamond CBD. From our new website to improved customer service, to a whole host of new products, we’re changing things around here for the better.
Which is why you may have noticed a change in your CBD oil. Of course, it’s the same great all-natural industrial hemp CBD oil that you’ve come to expect from Diamond CBD—a top-quality product with no synthetics and no illicit substances. But, it may look a bit different; the consistency may not be what you’re used to seeing.
That’s because we’ve switched from using Vegetable Glycerin (VG) in our CBD oil to using Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT).
Ok, let’s explain…
You Put What In My CBD Oil?
Oils in their raw form are much too thick to be used in a vape pen with an electric heater coil. That’s why thinning agents are added to reduce the viscosity of the oil. In non-scientific terms, we call that “making things more liquidy.”
At one time we used Vegetable Glycerin, or VG, which still left your oil thick, but not too thick that it couldn’t be vaped. But then, using the power of science, we found a better, healthier way, to make our oils “more liquidy.”
Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT).
So What Can MCT Do For Me?
MCTs are a type of saturated fatty acid that you may be familiar with from coconut oil. According to some experts, their health benefits range from helping to improve cognitive functions to assisting with weight management. What makes them so beneficial is that they are readily metabolized by the liver. But MCTs can do so much more than just that.
In fact, people in the western hemisphere are considered to be severely lacking in medium-chain fatty acids in their diets, which is what MCTs essentially are. According to the experts, MCTs should be consumed every day.
The Top 5 Reasons You Need MCT In Your CBD Oil
Diamond CBD knows that CBD oil is a possible source for a complete wellness plan, and that’s why we’re always looking for the best ways to make our products better for you. So let’s take a look at some of the reasons why you need MCTs in you CBD oil:
- As we already stated, they’re easily metabolized by your liver, making their energy more available.
- MCTs are not stored as fats by your body. In fact, your body uses them as fuel. They’re a great source of energy.
- They’re much easier to digest than Long-Chain Triglycerides (LCT), which are found in a lot of western diets.
- MCTs are good for your tummy! They help fight off harmful bacteria and fungi that can upset your gut environment.
- They have potent antioxidant properties. Our bodies need antioxidants to destroy free radicals—molecules that can cause cancer. Antioxidants bind to free radicals rendering them harmless.
At Diamond CBD, we’re constantly on the lookout for ways to make our CBD oils better for you. So keep looking out for those changes, and we’ll keep working on the science side of things to make sure only the best products are being sold under the Diamond CBD label!